There are so many free budgeting tools out there, you can probably Google for a list of fifty if you wanted to. If you’re an advanced budgeter with amazing software, this article will unlikely help you; but keep reading if you’re curious and want to have a look at the free Google Drive & Google Sheets software, we can direct you there.
How to access Google Sheets Budgeting tools
- Log into your Google account (this is the same as Gmail, YouTube & GooglePlus) or create one if you don’t have one yet
- Go to http://www.sheets.google.com
- Click which budget you are after – there is an Annual Budget and a Monthly Budget. You just need to put your numbers into the chosen spreadsheet.
- Be honest with your numbers. Completing a budget is an important exercise and can help you plan for the future.
- Update your budget if you’ve accidentally forgotten an expense or your circumstances change.
Note: If you are drowning in debt, one of the first steps you should take is having a look at your budget and then speaking to a free debt counselling service. Good luck and I hope that the Google budgeting tool helps you, it is certainly handy for us here at Help Me Bank.